Stay Off the Bench and In the Game!
One of the more common injuries we see with young athletes, most notably female athletes, is anterior knee pain, or what is also known as Runner’s Knee or Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS).
One of the most common causes of this condition is weakness in certain muscles of the hip. These particular muscles control the mechanics of the knee, and with weakness, they cause the femur to internally rotate and adduct causing the kneecap to track outside of its normal groove. This will cause much irritation and stress to this joint.
Functional weakness in these hip muscles can also lead to more serious injuries in sports, such as tearing your ACL! This devastating injury, along with other serious knee injuries, can be the result of poor knee mechanics during landing or cutting.
Most lower extremity injuries, especially ACL injuries, can be avoided through a proper, scientifically-based prevention program!
ACL Prevention Program Functional Strengthening Program
- Prevent / Reduce ACL injuries
- Prevent / Reduce lower extremity injuries
- Enhance proper mechanics with running, jumping and landing
- Improve functional strength, power and speed
- Improve reaction time, proprioception and coordination
Get Evaluated Completely FREE!!
- Computerized Testing for:
- Reaction time
- Testing for Functional Strength and Proper Knee Mechanics
- Video Analysis of Jumping and Landing Technique
- Testing for Flexibility and Muscle Strength
- Functional Training Programs are Available for those at risk
- NO OBLIGATION!!